Monday, February 21, 2011

Reading Week

How am I still so far behind!? I blame Mad Men. Season 3 took a surprisingly good turn.

Here are some pictures from the Erotic Arts and Crafts Fair

A BIG THANK YOU to Julie Baldassi for helping out








In other news, I managed to drag myself out of my usual political ignorance to hear some of the debate in the United States about whether to cut funding for Planned Parenthood. Going to continue keeping a eye on that one. The first time I purchased birth control was through a Planned Parenthood near my high school in New Jersey. While it would have been even cheaper for me to go through my family doctor I didn't want to risk involving my parents in the decision. I whole heatedly doubt they would have forbidden me. Both are that rare and incredibly wonderful type of parent that (mostly) worries more about my health rather than passing judgement. 17 year old me however didn't want to (or know how to?) start any conversation that could have resulted in a no though.

I liked the headline of this post. One of the first that came up in the the google news search for Planned Parenthood + funding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/debbie-hines/republicans-cut-contracep_b_826122.html

No comments:

Post a Comment